By Team Ironmill’s own Swedish Chef: Magnus
Lately I have been researching a lot of diets and like most meat head I started to get self-conscious in the summer time. Normally I turn into a frail image of my normally bountiful self when the temperature starts to rise.
This year was like the rest, except I broke my foot and took some time to heal. While sitting on the couch one day growing calluses on my butt, I started my immersion into the “diet delegation.” I researched Paleo, Primal, Carb-Nite, Keto, Carb Back Loading, Intermittent Fasting and the list goes on.
While all of these diets have tons of pros and cons (and I am not a caveman) I failed at each one. Not because I was not dedicated to them, but because none of them allowed me to live my life in the fast lane.
I have a job that I work at least 50 hours a week, I have a child that loves to ride bike, climb the monkey bars, and basically never stops moving his body moving from sun up to sun down. I have a fiance who shops until I drop and then she brings me 4 more bags to carry and because she’s had a stressful day.
BUT ! The rest of my time is dedicated to the gym and cooking.
So like many of you, I tend to spend too much time wondering what will work or what to eat instead of figuring out what doesn’t work and what I can tolerate.
Here is what I have found after years and years of experimentation (IN THE KITCHEN). I can make food that is good for me and tastes good at the same time. I can eat until my little heart is content and I feel great all day. I’m happier than a fat kid with a pig for a pet. What? Even the swedish chef gets a bad bacon pun!
Speaking of bacon, let’s get into the little things that you can change to make your food taste better while pursuing your goals of becoming Magic Mike, or Magic Mike Jenkins. Dieting up or down takes work. But we should be doing more planning and less procrastinating.
Bacon: Adding bacon to any ground meat, or using it as filler when stuffing chicken breasts or steak adds a sweet and salty taste to any meal.
Peanut butter: I put this on and in everything. Have you ever needed a quick meal but had nothing in the house. Put peanut butter on your sliced turkey and roll it like a wrap. Glaze with raw honey if you have a fork available and enjoy. Peanut butter goes well with everything.
Garlic: If you are not cooking with garlic, stop reading here and punch yourself in the face a few times. Then go to the store, buy some garlic, a garlic press, and start eating it raw. This is the only way you will gain my respect again… just saying.
Cottage Cheese: I eat this almost every night before bed. Cottage cheese, sugar free strawberry Jello, and some pineapple slices. Fuel for your “bed” time.
Oregano: Just sprinkle it on some stuff. Come on this isn’t rocket science. Just don’t smoke it.(Lesson learned.)
Now that you have these tips in mind, and you followed protocol for slow cooking her pants off last week. I am going to go ahead and assume you have gotten laid this week (your welcome). Now you can focus on your lifting and cooking.
Here it is, Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon (I used the whole Package for extra flavor and calories)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
- Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Took me about 1 hour covered.
- Let it sit on the counter for 10min Covered. Trust me.
This might not get you laid tonight. But at least you will have the energy if her swag is in the bag.
Your Cast Iron Casanova,