Slow Cook Her Pants Off: Enchiladas
By Team Ironmill’s own Swedish Chef: Magnus
It has been quite some time since I have had to woo a woman. I have been fortunate enough in my freakish affairs to have them last a long period of time… too long mostly!
Through my life I have learned that the way to a woman’s heart is love, compassion, sweet (occasionally dirty) text messages, holding the door for little old ladies and the cherished yet elusive back rub. In a typical relationship these tactics are implemented as often as necessary to keep her dreaming about US and NOT about that cute Crossfit guy with abs! While all of this is well and good, most men concentrate on just that and lose site of what the real goal at hand ACTUALLY is.
Guys, we don’t want her to fall asleep JUST dreaming of US. WE don’t want her FALLING asleep at ALL!
Nice guys finish last, Magnus Finishes first. I have more answers to the “sensual seduction test” than Justin Timberlake.
What’s the way to a woman’s heart? All of the above. What is the way into a women’s bedroom? FOOD!
I’m not saying to stop holding her hand in public, Cuddling during the “the notebook” (you know you cried) or being nice to her annoying friends. I am saying nothing says “Sexy” Like coming home to a hearty cooked meal that tastes like a baby angel. You follow me?
So let’s get to it. Put down your remotes and pick up your skillets it’s time to show your women you’ve got REAL skills!
We are going to make Enchiladas.
Delicious, quickly prepared, cheesy enchiladas.
I like to make mine in the slow cooker. Did I mention you get bonus points for using a slow cooker? Rock a “Kiss the cook” apron for added appeal.
Ok here it goes:
- 1.5 Lbs. Ground Ham or Turkey Burger 85/15
- 10 6 in Corn tortillas Quartered
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 (10.75 oz) Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 Cups of Mexican Cheese blend
- 1 jar 24 oz salsa (hot for spice, mild to be nice)
- Brown the meat in skillet on medium. Drain off the fat when all meat is browned.
- Add water and taco seasoning. Allow meat to simmer on low heat for 15 min.
- In a large bowl, mix all additional ingredients;(soup, cheese, salsa) leaving ¾ cup of cheese in the bag.
- Layer the bottom of the crock pot with tortillas, then meat mix, then salsa cheese mix. Repeat until you run out of both mixtures. Top with tortillas and use the additional cheese to finish off the top.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 45 min to an hour. Cheese should be slightly brown on the corners.
- Serve with a tall, chilled glass of Modelo beer, Sit back and watch her sore feet, head ache, long day at work worries and inhibition melt away.
Till the next delicious meal my friends,